Jump to navigation Jump to search
- WARNING FROM NIH: Some PDF conversion software reduces font size. It is important to confirm that the final PDF document complies with the font requirements.
- Determining and Changing Font Size in Adobe Acrobat, so that it is 11.04 pt
- WARNING: Changing the Font Size only works partially. To do it correctly on a Mac, you need to select EVERY single textbox. Very tedious.
- MS Word in Windows makes 11 pt PDFs that are 11.04 pt, not 10.8 pt like the Mac. Also, the underline is weak on the Mac.
- What NIH recommended font takes the least amount of space?
- Arial (11 pt.): Average width = 5.82 pt.; Average Characters per inch = 12.
- Slightly less than Helvetica font.
- Table of average widths and characters per inch for the NIH recommended fonts
- Instructions for Underlining in Acrobat 8.0 Pro
- Acrobat emphasized underlines look a lot better than MS Word.
- Reducing white space around pictures in MS Word
- How to easily fix references in EndNote